11th December, 2013 Comments are closed
Green Resolutions for the New Year
Here are some earth friendly landscape resolutions to choose from to start making a difference!
- Reduce lawn areas which will conserve water, reduce the need for chemical fertilization and reduce landfill waste of lawn clippings.
- Use landscape fabrics in planting areas to reduce weeds and the need for chemical herbicides.
- Plant trees to shade your buildings and pavement which reduce energy and the heat island effect.
- Correctly prune shrubs to reduce landfill waste, create more seed for wildlife and allow more flower blooms.
- Use a broom and not a hose to clean sidewalks & pool decks to conserve water.
- Use mulching lawn mowers to reduce landfill waste and provide turf areas with organic material.
- Start composting to improve your garden soil organically and reduce landfill waste.
- Plant a vegetable or herb garden. Start small with a container garden.
- Use an electric or push reel lawn mower to reduce air pollution.